I hope you have a cast iron frying pan, because that is the best method I have found for making perfect frittata—it comes out perfectly fluffy and browned on top every time.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 chicken sausages, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 bunch of broccolini, diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to broiler temperature.
- Add the minced garlic and diced onions to a cast iron frying pan with the olive oil. Cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes, until onions are mostly cooked.
- Add the chicken sausage and broccolini. Continue cooking on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken sausage and broccolini has become tender.
- In a bowl, whip the eggs, whole milk, ¼ cup of the shredded cheese, salt and cracked black pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the cast iron frying pan on top of the chicken sausage and broccolini. Add the remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Cook on the stove top on medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the top is close to being set.
- Once close to being set, place the cast iron into the broiler for 2 minutes. Depending on the strength of your broiler, you will want to watch how the top develops. It may need a minute less or a minute more.
- Remove from the broiler when the top is set and gently browned. Serve warm with a side of fresh fruit and a sprinkle of granola.